What is Network topologies? Topology means physical and logical layout of network.A topology is defined as the arrangement of nodes,cables,connectivity that make up network.
Topologies are divided into 2 parts.
It describes the actual layout of transmission media.
It describe logical pathway in which nodes are connected.
1) Star topology
4) Ring topology
(1) Star topology
In the Star Topology each nodes are connected to single hub.this hub is central node.
Advantages of this topology :
- If N devices are connected to each other in star topology, then the number of cables required to connect them is N. So, it is easy to set up.
- Each device require only 1 port i.e. to connect to the hub.
Problems with this topology :
- If the concentrator (hub) on which the whole topology relies fails, the whole system will crash down.
- Cost of installation is high.
- Performance is based on the single concentrator i.e. hub.
In the Bus Topology all nodes are connected to single a single cable.In this topology data is transmited in single direction only,no Bi-Direction allowed.
To know more about each topology you can download PDF file.
For more details you can learn deeply from this link